Surgery to enhance the appearance of the neck by tightening the sagging neck muscles (platysma), softening the appearance of chords, and removing excess or hanging skin and fat. A Necklift (Platysmaplasty) may be performed in conjunction with a facelift, mini-facelift, facial liposuction or as a standalone procedure.
Length of Surgery
One to two hours
In / Outpatient
Local with Conscious IV Sedation or General
Recovery Time from Treatment
Return to work in 7 to 14 days. Avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 4 weeks.
Generally once, but revision or touch-up surgery may be necessary depending on aging changes.
Risks-Include but not limited to
Infection, bleeding, impaired eyelid function, asymmetry, complications related to anesthesia.
Duration of Results
Long lasting, but weight changes and further aging can influence outcomes.
- How will you address my Necklift and what is your experience with this procedure?
- Where will the incisions and resulting scar be located?
- What do you predict my result to be with this surgery?
- Will a Necklift alone achieve my goals?
- Where will the procedure be performed and what type of anesthesia do you recommend?
Sometimes to achieve proper facial symmetry and improve the architectural structure of the jaw and neck a patient may benefit from a Mentoplasty (chin implant), which can be done at the same time as a Necklift.
Return to Previous Page